Benefits of Trading FuturesFebruary 23rd, 2022
Have you ever wondered about the benefits of trading futures? Maybe you’re thinking about getting into trading and are trying to decide where to start. Or maybe you’ve been trading in other markets for a while but are thinking about making the jump. Regardless, the futures market offers a number of unique benefits for beginner and experienced traders alike.
Here are just some of the benefits of trading futures:
- Trade Both Sides of the Market – Traders can take both long and short positions when trading futures, with no uptick rule or short-selling restrictions.
- Scalability – You can add precision to your trading strategy by scaling up or down incrementally using smaller contracts.
- Capital Efficiency – Trade futures and micro futures contracts with a lower capital commitment and margins as low as $50.
- Leveraged Investment – Futures contracts are highly leveraged investments. Through the use of margin, you can control a large contract value with a smaller amount of capital.
- No Day Trading Rules – As a futures trader, you can trade long or short multiple times a day or week without worrying about day trading restrictions.
- Round-the-Clock Trading – You can trade futures 23 hours a day, 6 days a week. This provides more trading opportunities throughout the day.
This is far from an exhaustive list of the benefits of trading futures. However, it does represent some of the main reasons that many traders choose futures. One such trader, Steve Wheeler, recently shared his own thoughts about trading in the futures market.
Wheeler is a Systems Developer at NaviTrader and has been trading futures for over twenty years. In his recent NinjaTrader Ecosystem webinar, The Top Four Ways Automated Setups Help Day Traders, Wheeler explained why he personally has chosen to trade futures for so long. You can hear more about his experiences trading futures over the years and why he prefers to trade in the futures market by watching the clip below:
If you want to hear more from Steve Wheeler, you can find his full-length webinar here. To learn more about trading in the futures markets, be sure to check out the full library of NinjaTrader Ecosystem Webinars. All of these exclusive digital events are available to view anytime, on-demand and completely free! Also, head over to the Upcoming Webinars page to register for future events. New events are added on a regular basis, so check back often!
Enter Email for Updates